Thursday, July 11, 2013

Neon Fair Isle

I love this weird little sweater. It reminds me of how I used to shop and dress - I would scrounge TJ Maxx and the sales racks at Blomingdale's for gorgeous, fabulous, unique pieces. I had a whole wardrobe full of non-basics. It was NOT easy to get myself dressed, but back then, I had a few hours to put together a look. And good lord, did I have fun!

As we grow up, life gets busier and we start to narrow down what works for us, our wardrobes start to get more streamlined. This is a good thing, and helps us cultivate a more sophisticated, polished version of ourselves. But this goofy sweater - one that I almost didn't even try on - always makes me smile and reminds me to let my eclectic flag fly.






Necklace (similar)
Sweater Forever 21 (similar prints here and here)
Jeans Gap (similar)
Shoes Me Too (similarsimilar)


No comments:

Post a Comment