Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Grey Jeans, Stripes, and a Messy Sock Bun







Uhoh, better post this turtleneck and coat before Spring FINALLY gets here! 

The most exciting (and, ahem, timely) part of this post is my hair. I have successfully gotten on an every-other-day shampoo schedule. Fresh shampoos are still greeted with my usual 45 seconds of bang styling and the rest is up to nature - but waking up on a non-shampoo day presents a slept on hot mess. Usually, I spent my unused washing time on a quick curl job with my flat iron. But sometimes, I still oversleep and other measures need to be taken: hence this bun. 

Yes, it is a sock bun, but I don't love the donut-y preciousness your typical sock bun creates. So my solution was to put my hair in a high pony with a band, slip the sock over the band, messily twist my hair around the sock, and pin at will. This gives the fullness of a traditional sock bun but with a casual edge.




No comments:

Post a Comment