Monday, July 29, 2013

White Satin Dress with Black Accents



Now that it's summer, and I don't have to really be somewhere every day, I find myself often changing directly from pajamas to gym clothes and back to pajamas again. Not exactly exciting fashion moments. 

So this week, we will take a look at the outfits I chose for our engagement photos. I tried to choose very classic looks - most of the dresses are ones I've had for a while and still love - with one silly fashion-y outfit thrown in. All photo credits this week go to Braxton Black (the terrible cropping jobs are all me).

First up is this white satin dress. This was a Forever 21 size medium that I had taken in to fit me. I did the super strict Paleo cleanse The Whole 30 for 5 weeks before the pictures to shape up my skin and avoid any face bloat - but the side effect was that my body shrank a billion sizes! The theory of The Whole 30 is that our organs are in a perpetual state of inflammation from all the garbage we put in it every day. It must be right, because I (unscientifially!) did not seem to lose any actual pounds, but all of my clothes were hanging off of me.

This dress was no exception. I had to wear a padded strapless bra just to keep it up! Anyway, I liked the faux bridal vibe, and I kept it simple with classic patent leather pumps.


No comments:

Post a Comment